Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Weekend!

So this past week has been super busy - I gave a five day training course at work, ran off to grad school in the evenings, and then collapsed at night.

I've also been working on a few projects from my Etsy shop and some custom orders as well, so life is busy, busy, busy - and that is good, good, good.

A while back I was contacted by a friend from high school who was putting together a fundraiser for a young girl who committed suicide. I donated my time and services, and created posters, tickets and some stationery products for a raffle. Having once been a teenager (and not little-miss-popular) it's heartbreaking to see the depression and hurt that young girls and boys face. The fundraiser turned out to be a huge success, and Jamie Tworkowski, of To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA), came as a guest speaker. I had never heard of TWLOHA before the event, but it's an amazing movement for a great cause. Please support Jamie and TWLOHA by checking out his website.

Fast forward about a year and the same friend from high school has gotten engaged! Congrats!!! She reached out to me again and asked if I could create some custom products for her. She is a no-frills type of bride, who likes a clean, simple type based design. Sounds awesome, right?! We started with thank you cards, which I suggest ALL couples get early on. The result was soft, organic and pretty fabulous, please excuse the iPhone picture, I'm so uber excited to share this:



The next project was to tackle the engagement party invites. Again, the design was kept super simple and based on type. She asked for a spring-like feel, but I also know she isn't a pink bride. The result is a sunset colored design that's warm and welcoming, which exactly what an invite should be!!! Stay tuned to see some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...