Saturday, March 5, 2011

Proud Moment of the Week

I'm sure all brides can commiserate with me on this three word problem: Girl Scout Cookies.

Yes, it's that season. My office has been taken over by proud moms, dads, aunts, uncles etc trying to help their daughters meet troop goals. I was a girl scout in my youth, so I understand. The problem comes when I can't say no, so I buy a few here, a few there, and then oh! Just one more for Miss Sally's grand-daughter. Ugh, and then I arrive to work one day, broke and with a pile of cookies stacked up on my chair.

So what was my proud moment?

I didn't eat a single girl scout cookie this year. Instead I sent all the boxes to work with Mr. Law. Cops don't get the recognition they deserve, and what says "thanks for doing what you do" better than sending a few boxes of Girl Scout Cookies to the precinct? I was thanked profusely, and so next year I think I might buy even MORE boxes of cookies, and send them all to the precinct.

In fact, I might even go so far as to suggest that girl scouts head to their local precincts to thank the officers for protecting them while they sell the cookies on the street - believe it or not, but the officers have big hearts, and will probably buy a bunch of cookies!

Winning!

(sorry, that was a shameless Sheen quote)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...